- Keep order and organizational momentum
- Chair Meetings and set agendas
- Serves as back-up for the president for events and other duties that the president cannot fulfill
- Succession plan
- Learn job of president
- Look for future directors and a replacement for the Vice-president position
- Source of experience for the president and vice-president
- Able to fill-in where president and vice-president are not available
- Financial accountability for the organization
- Record Minutes and report them.
- Serve on committees as delegated by president (or volunteered)
- Provide topics for workshops, presentations that are required in their sector of expertise
- Provide information regarding their sector of expertise that is necessary for the chamber to address and/or promote
- Recruit committee members to assist with the committee responsibilities and to involve more members in the chamber activities.